Very lucky that VW's have the headlights turn off when the car is off.

I love this feature too,  has helped me out a few times, especially that there is no warning that you left them on like in most cars.  I also like the VW only feature that you can turn on the stereo without the key, I use this all the time too.  Unfortunately, my Jetta dosen't have this feature :( don't know why because my dads new Passat has it.  Must be a German thing.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6