Stand-alone engine management?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Stand-alone engine management?
   Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:22:14 -0800 (PST)
   From: Brian Haygood <red8716v@yahoo.com>
     To: Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org

>A typical setup would involve hooking the computer up to a temp sensor,
absolute air pressure sensor (reading >pressure inside the intake
manifold), some kind of rpm sensor, and a throttle position sensor.
Somebody tell him >what I forgot.

You need two temp sensors, air and coolant ;^) Thanks for giving me the
opening!

>Potterman once told me which VW throttle body this was,

early 90's 16V Passat with automatic transmission.

BTW, I agree with Brian's assessment of the SDS. In the end after you
account for all the sensors and bits you need to buy to convert the SDS
isn't more than a couple hundred cheaper and the lack of a PC interface
is a DETRIMENT!

just my .02