Instrument Cluster 8v vs. 16v

The 8v is 120mph/7k and the 16v is 140mph/8k.

You would think you could just swap the speedo and tach between the two
and make an identical cluster, but that is not the case. The gauge face
plate for the 7k tach has different spacing for the two screws that hold
it on than the face plate for the 8k tach. I have an 8k tach mounted in a
7k cluster but I had to make an adapter to move the holes to the
appropriate place. You need a thin piece of plastic, a drill and some
really tiny drill bits, and a spare set of screws identical to the ones
used to hold the gauge face on (they're tiny and metric, good luck in
this country).

After that, it will work. I don't recommend it, but if you're set on doing
it the hard way, I can send a picture of my setup.

-Toby