HVAC Control Panel Bulb

Yeah, it can be done. That's what I did before I got the backing piece
from the removable bulb plate. Actually, I used a dremel tool to chew away
the side of the bulb holder "stem". Then I desoldered the old, burnt out
bulb and soldered in a new dash bulb in its place (the same 2721-ish bulb
that is used elsewhere). Worked fine, but leaked a little light around the
side.. the electrical tape I wrapped around it melted so I finally went
ahead and got a removable bulb plate like I described in my previous
e-mail.

-Toby