HVAC Control Panel Bulb

What I did was find a panel in a junkyard that was similar but not
identical to mine. It had words like "MAX A/C" and "VENT" spelled out
instead of the cute little icons.

It was a plug and play replacement, but I didn't want some yuppie US-only
English-language crap on my German car, so I got out a razor blade and
carefully cracked the glue holding the white plastic backing containing
the bulb all the way around. Did this on the original panel, too, then
swapped backings. Put a couple drops of glue in each corner to hold it,
and it worked like a charm. Now I have a removeable bulb a/c panel..

HTH,

-Toby