alternator compatibility

--0-1041906103-1035470354=:47345

Hey all, as some of you know the 90 amp alternator went out(err.. I blew it) on my '84.  The '84 has the rotary AC compressor, and the 90a alternator mounted above it.  I have an earlier alternator(65a) from my '83(which had the big boxy compressor, and the alternator mounted below it and above the water pump).  I know that the wiring harnesses are different(I have the other harness, but will it physically bolt on to my '84?  Thanks-

Rob