oops! I hooked up the batt. charger wrong, please help-

yeah, time for another alternator.  The reason the car
ran at all after you hooked up the charger incorrectly
is that it was running on battery power.
A few years back I went to charge the dead battery in
my audi 4kq and did the exact same thing.  I hear the
audi v6 90/100 ('93-'95 ish) 120 amp alternator will
fit with minor modifications.  Somebody on the list
has done it....John, was that you?

=====
Dave
'87 16v Black / Black leather