installing front euro bumper and "the path of leastresistance"

--=====================_9282898==_.ALT

At 11:04 AM 10/22/2002, Jeff Toomasson wrote:
>G'morning all -
>
>as many of you can sympathize, I'm chomping at the bit to get my euro
>bumpers installed. My Bentley's all packed up and ready for the move, so I
>have no idea what the torque specs are (other than "crankin it down").
>
>upon first glimpse, it looks like the front two bolts of the front bumper
>could be a tad tricky (it's actually still kinda dark here and it's
>already 8am!). Are there any do's and don't's? Should I remove anything to
>make it easier, or hold out until I can get to my mechanic's air
>ratchet??...I'll be installing euro lights in the coming weeks - should I
>wait and take care of it at the same time?

You really need to take out the lights to put in the bumpers -- it makes it
infinitely easier....  Taking them out is really a 5-minute thing, but it's
a little bit of a pain.

I'd say -- do it now!  Why wait!  Take the lights out, and get in there.

I found a 1" extension that allowed me to use a regular ratchet on all of
the bolts.  The one I find most difficult to get to is the front d/s one --
which is very close to the rad.  You can always use a wrench -- I use a
gear-wrench for all of them now.

GL!
Jason

--=====================_9282898==_.ALT

At 11:04 AM 10/22/2002, Jeff Toomasson wrote:<br>
all - </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
the bit to get my euro bumpers installed. My Bentley's all packed up and
ready for the move, so I have no idea what the torque specs are (other
than &quot;crankin it down&quot;).</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
bolts of the front bumper could be a tad tricky (it's actually still
kinda dark here and it's already 8am!). Are there any do's and don't's?
Should I remove anything to make it easier, or hold out until I can get
to my mechanic's air ratchet??...I'll be installing euro lights in the
coming weeks - should I wait and take care of it at the same
You really need to take out the lights to put in the bumpers -- it makes
it infinitely easier....&nbsp; Taking them out is really a 5-minute
thing, but it's a little bit of a pain.<br><br>
I'd say -- do it now!&nbsp; Why wait!&nbsp; Take the lights out, and get
in there. <br><br>
I found a 1&quot; extension that allowed me to use a regular ratchet on
all of the bolts.&nbsp; The one I find most difficult to get to is the
front d/s one -- which is very close to the rad.&nbsp; You can always use
a wrench -- I use a gear-wrench for all of them now.<br><br>
GL!<br>
Jason<br><br>