Torque plates?

I've got some JE pistons to go into my project. (They're BEAUTIFUL, BTW!!)
The person who sold them to me pretty much insists that I have the block
honed with a "torque plate", and the little slip of paper with the pistons
mentions it too. I'd never heard of it before.

The problem is that I can't seem to find anyone who has a torque plate for
VW engines, and everyone else tells me it isn't important. I haven't called
BSI yet (tomorrow), but I'm running out of options.

How important is this? What is the impact of NOT doing it? Anybody know of
someone in/around Florida?

Neal
still fighting Pandora's friggin' Box...