Anyone ever had knock sensor troubles?

Has anyone ever had a knock sensor that would not stay functioning properly unless they constantly retorqued it to spec?  My problem *seems* to go away for a while after I retorque the knock sensor, (it does come back eventually) but I don't know if it's just coincidence.  I've only been able to retorque it 3 times since the problem (torque wrenches are too expensive to buy my own!), so I don't have enough conclusive evidence to say for sure.