central lock system...

>From: Vince Royer <vince@performancecarstereo.com>
>
>The noise you hear from the back is a little pump which is locking the gas
>door.  That indicated the central locking is working at least a little bit.
>The problem probably lies in the passenger door. I don't remember if the
>hatch is supposed to lock or not, but I don't think so.

It is supposed to lock.

>door, some continuous
>noise comes from the right back of the car for about 30-40 seconds, then it
> >stops, but the only door that >locks is the driver's. Where can I find a
>scheme of the locking system for >the 16V ?

buy a bentley manual if you don't already have one (try
www.germanautoparts.com or www.parts4vws.com).  the pump is on the pass
side, behind the lining in the trunk.  sounds like you have a vacuum leak
somewhere.  basically, turning the key in the drivers door actuates the
pump, which locks the hatch, pass door, and gas flap through vaccuum lines.
if you have a leak, the pump will keep running without building up enough
pressure to lock things.

>  The engine. Is a KR 139 HP. What is the difference between this 102kw
>engine and the most common 95kw engine ?

afaik, the only difference is the 50mm intake manifold on the KR.

>  Regards,
>  Luci.

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, prelim web site, but not taking orders
yet: www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!