what an ass

Actually, there ARE differences in the CIS components of the KR - the air
flow sensor, the fuel distributor and the warm up regulator, - all of
these parts are different on the CIS-injected KR engine than on straight
CIS-equipped 8V engines of the same vintage, suggesting that there are
some enhancements there as well.

The fuel distributor and warm-up regulator are parts of the CIS system
that allow for tuning of fuel delivery and therefor are the parts most
likely to be modified when engineering changes are made to accomodate
performance improvements or emissions controls.  In the stock CIS system
(ie NOT cis-lambda or cis-e) these are the only methods of tuning the fuel
delivery to the engine, and correspondingly its performance and
emissions.

I expect the CIS-E system used on the PL engine has enough flexibilty to
be adjusted to provide the same fuelling characteristics as the CIS on the
KR, at the expense of a great deal more complexity.  A PL engine
equipped with KR cams and intake should be capable of producing the same
HP output as a KR - although you might want to drop your cat in favour of
a racing pipe to get those last few HP... :)

Drew