From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Hudin Lucian
Sent: October 19, 2002 5:07 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: central lock system...

 I have bought a couple of months ago my first (and probably the last - it
is SO COOL) car, a Scirocco 16V. This
car was produced in 1988 and was brought in Romania in 1997. I have run into
some minor problems with her, like
overheating problems, idle problems, but never let me down in the middle of
the road. The one scary problem that I
had was the front engine mount collapse. In some ordinary morning the roc
wouldn't start. The battery was dead.
I took a look under the hood and I was surprised to see the engine lowered
by 10 cm, the battery connections broken,
etc. But the previous day was all ok and probably it run with engine mount
down for quite a while, but the roc kept
going :), guess I was pretty lucky, nothing else broken, the thermocouple
didnt start.

 My stock locking system doesn't work anymore ('88 euro 16V). When I lock a
door, some continuous
noise comes from the right back of the car for about 30-40 seconds, then it
stops, but the only door that
locks is the driver's. Where can I find a scheme of the locking system for
the 16V ? I have looked in the
right part of the trunk and there is a recipient with some kind of pump but
I guess that is the rear window
cleaner.

 The roc has 195/50/R15 and every single trip I make fills the sides with
dust and little rocks that
hit the rear wheel protection spoiler are destroying the paint on it. I
guess 195 isnt that large, specially that the
in my registration it says 185, which is the stock. Check out this pic with
me and my roc on a trip 2 weeks ago
(http://www.scirocco.ro/pix/roc_n_me.jpg)

 The engine. Is a KR 139 HP. What is the difference between this 102kw
engine and the most common 95kw engine ? Because I would like to buy a
scirocco in very good condition from Germany but they all are max. 95kws,
and only a couple of 102kws (on www.mobile.de). It's stock with almost
197.000 km on the clock.

 Regards,
 Luci.