  From: Chris Oliver=20
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 12:28 PM
  Subject: 16v hesitation

  Heres the scoop guys. my 87 16v starts up, idles fine, and runs down =
the road fine. however when i go to tromp on it the car boges down for a =
second then it unwinds. ive replaced plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor, =
and fuel filter with no success. so i decided to check the fuel mixture. =
i hooked up my analog meter the way im suppose to and im getting a =
reading of 8ma when the car is cold...when the car is warmed up it still =
reads 8ma iwas told it was suppose to be around 4ma. i tried to adjust =
it with the 3mm allen wrench and nothing changed still reads 8ma...i =
dont understand. second question my car has almost over heated twice =
while sitting at red lights because the fan wont kick on. but when i =
park it at home to check it out the fan kicks on...is it possible for =
the fan switch to stick from timt to time or is my fan motor on the =
blinks. any help would be greatly app. thanx guys.

-----
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =
http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_000_00C8_01C276F5.66D20460

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt =
verdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>things to look for to get it back in closed loop =
are the=20
coolant temp sender and the o2 sensor (+lines).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Al</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dcoliver80@hotmail.com =
href=3D"mailto:coliver80@hotmail.com";>Chris=20
  Oliver</A> </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, October 18, 2002 =
12:28=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> 16v hesitation</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Heres the scoop guys. my 87 16v starts up, idles fine, and runs =
down the=20
  road fine. however when i go to tromp on it the car boges down for a =
second=20
  then it unwinds. ive replaced plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor, and =
fuel=20
  filter with no success. so i decided to check the fuel mixture. i =
hooked up my=20
  analog meter the way im suppose to and im getting a reading of 8ma =
when the=20
  car is cold...when the car is warmed up it still reads 8ma iwas told =
it was=20
  suppose to be around 4ma. i tried to adjust it with the 3mm allen =
wrench and=20
  nothing changed still reads 8ma...i dont understand. second question =
my car=20
  has almost over heated twice while sitting at red lights because the =
fan wont=20
  kick on. but when i park it at home to check it out the fan kicks =
on...is it=20
  possible for the fan switch to stick from timt to time or is my fan =
motor on=20
  the blinks. any help would be greatly app. thanx =
guys.<BR><BR></DIV><BR=20
  clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A=20
  href=3D"http://explorer.msn.com";>http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C8_01C276F5.66D20460--