16v hesitation

--=====================_11138135==_.ALT

With a constant reading of 8ma, it looks like your system is in limp-home,
open-loop mode.  That value is going to stay put no matter how much you do
to the screw.

CIS-E has a potentiometer that measures sudden movements in the air plate
(which would happen when, for example, "tromping" on the gas).  When the
computer senses sudden throttle, it richens the mixture.  This feature is
disabled in open-loop limp-home mode.

Also, your air plate could be sticky, causing the mixture to go very lean
while it's slowly moving to the right mixture position...  Check to make
sure it's moving freely.

I'd make sure you get the system running in closed-loop (i.e. fluctuating
reading) first, and then see what happens.  If it still occurs, get back to
us. :)

What happens when you slowly squeeze the accelerator to the floor -- does
it only happen when you hit the gas suddenly?

Jason

At 12:28 PM 10/18/2002, Chris Oliver wrote:
>Heres the scoop guys. my 87 16v starts up, idles fine, and runs down the
>road fine. however when i go to tromp on it the car boges down for a
>second then it unwinds. ive replaced plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor,
>and fuel filter with no success. so i decided to check the fuel mixture. i
>hooked up my analog meter the way im suppose to and im getting a reading
>of 8ma when the car is cold...when the car is warmed up it still reads 8ma
>iwas told it was suppose to be around 4ma. i tried to adjust it with the
>3mm allen wrench and nothing changed still reads 8ma...i dont understand.
>second question my car has almost over heated twice while sitting at red
>lights because the fan wont kick on. but when i park it at home to check
>it out the fan kicks on...is it possible for the fan switch to stick from
>timt to time or is my fan motor on the blinks. any help would be greatly
>app. thanx guys.
>

>----------
>Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

--=====================_11138135==_.ALT

With a constant reading of 8ma, it looks like your system is in
limp-home, open-loop mode.&nbsp; That value is going to stay put no
matter how much you do to the screw.<br><br>
CIS-E has a potentiometer that measures sudden movements in the air plate
(which would happen when, for example, &quot;tromping&quot; on the
gas).&nbsp; When the computer senses sudden throttle, it richens the
mixture.&nbsp; This feature is disabled in open-loop limp-home
mode.<br><br>
Also, your air plate could be sticky, causing the mixture to go very lean
while it's slowly moving to the right mixture position...&nbsp; Check to
make sure it's moving freely.<br><br>
I'd make sure you get the system running in closed-loop (i.e. fluctuating
reading) first, and then see what happens.&nbsp; If it still occurs, get
back to us. :)<br><br>
What happens when you slowly squeeze the accelerator to the floor -- does
it only happen when you hit the gas suddenly?&nbsp; <br><br>
Jason<br><br>
At 12:28 PM 10/18/2002, Chris Oliver wrote:<br>
starts up, idles fine, and runs down the road fine. however when i go to
tromp on it the car boges down for a second then it unwinds. ive replaced
plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor, and fuel filter with no success. so i
decided to check the fuel mixture. i hooked up my analog meter the way im
suppose to and im getting a reading of 8ma when the car is cold...when
the car is warmed up it still reads 8ma iwas told it was suppose to be
around 4ma. i tried to adjust it with the 3mm allen wrench and nothing
changed still reads 8ma...i dont understand. second question my car has
almost over heated twice while sitting at red lights because the fan wont
kick on. but when i park it at home to check it out the fan kicks on...is
it possible for the fan switch to stick from timt to time or is my fan
motor on the blinks. any help would be greatly app. thanx guys.<br><br>
<hr>
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :