  From: Robbie Cotner=20
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 8:59 PM
  Subject: what happened to my car when it was "stolen"? odd story...

  Hey all, I just when to pick up some VW parts at a nearby "auto =
recycler".  This place is pretty damn big and corporate-like, and I live =
in SD so I usually leave my keys in the ignition.  When I got there I =
parked in designated "customer parking spot #1".  I leave my keys in =
there and then go out to the yard to get some parts.  2 hours later I =
come back, pay for my parts, and when I go back out my car is no longer =
in spot #1, it's in spot #5.  WTF!!  It looks like some guys needed to =
drive an RV past through spot #1, onto the grass beyond it.  So I =
assume, unless my Scirocco is possessed, that he got in my car, and =
drove it over to another spot.  Some guy I've never even seen!  Since my =
'83 has the "only-I-can-drive-it" shift linkage, (it needs some work and =
thus nobody knows how to shift but me). So I assume this asshole, =
whoever he is, had a fun time grinding my gears for what! ever distance =
he drove it.  I may just be paranoid but after this incident it feels =
like my clutch pedal has much more travel before it gets to the point of =
resistance thatn it used to.  Also, this one is weird, now my shift =
light is on almost all the time.  On the hour trip down to the yard, my =
shift light came on as usual.  But on the trip back, the shift light is =
on whenever I maintain a constant speed, no matter what speed that is.  =
If I accelerate or decelerate it goes off for a bit,  but then comes on =
again when I resume a constant speed.  In itself this is just annoying, =
but why is it doing this NOW, and does that reflect a larger problem?  =
Thanks guys, and although I'm probably the only one, don't leave your =
keys in the car!- =20

  Rob

  faith.yahoo.com
------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C276F3.ACB8ADF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>shift light should go off in 5th. if it =
doesnt, you=20
need to replace the switch on the tranny.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>as for the light changing how it works, =
its=20
probably because you were paying more attention to it. its actually =
supposed to=20
come on if you are going constant speed in a gear (other than =
5th).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Drobw_z@yahoo.com href=3D"mailto:robw_z@yahoo.com";>Robbie =
Cotner</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, October 18, 2002 =
8:59=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> what happened to my =
car when it=20
  was "stolen"? odd story...</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>Hey all, I just when to pick up some VW parts at a nearby "auto=20
  recycler".&nbsp; This place is pretty damn big and corporate-like, and =
I live=20
  in SD so I usually leave my keys in the ignition.&nbsp; When I got =
there I=20
  parked in designated "customer parking spot #1".&nbsp; I leave my keys =
in=20
  there and then go out to the yard to get some parts.&nbsp; 2 hours =
later I=20
  come back, pay for my parts, and when I go back out my car is no =
longer in=20
  spot #1, it's in spot #5.&nbsp; WTF!!&nbsp; It looks like some guys =
needed to=20
  drive an RV past through spot #1, onto the grass beyond it.&nbsp; So I =
assume,=20
  unless my Scirocco is possessed, that he got in my car, and drove it =
over to=20
  another&nbsp;spot.&nbsp; Some guy I've never even =
seen!&nbsp;&nbsp;Since=20
  my&nbsp;'83&nbsp;has the&nbsp;"only-I-can-drive-it" shift linkage, (it =
needs=20
  some work and thus nobody knows how to shift&nbsp;but me).&nbsp;So I =
assume=20
  this&nbsp;asshole, whoever he is,&nbsp;had a fun time grinding =
my&nbsp;gears=20
  for what! ever distance he drove it.&nbsp; I may just be&nbsp;paranoid =

  but&nbsp;after this incident it feels like my clutch pedal has=20
  much&nbsp;more&nbsp;travel before it&nbsp;gets to the point of =
resistance=20
  thatn it used to.&nbsp; Also, this one is weird,&nbsp;now my shift =
light is on=20
  almost all the time.&nbsp; On the hour trip down&nbsp;to the =
yard,&nbsp;my=20
  shift light came on as usual.&nbsp; But on the trip back, the shift =
light=20
  is&nbsp;on whenever I maintain a constant speed, no matter what speed =
that=20
  is.&nbsp; If I accelerate or decelerate it goes off for a bit, =
&nbsp;but then=20
  comes on again when I resume a constant speed.&nbsp; In itself this is =
just=20
  annoying, but why is it doing this NOW, and does that reflect a larger =

  problem?&nbsp; Thanks guys, and although I'm probably the only one, =
don't=20
  leave your keys in the car!-&nbsp; </P>
  <P>Rob</P>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href=3D"http://faith.yahoo.com";>Faith Hill</A> - =
Exclusive=20
  Performances, Videos, &amp; more<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://faith.yahoo.com";>faith.yahoo.com</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></=
HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C276F3.ACB8ADF0--