Air/Fuel Question

Just to add alittle more info;
The O2 sensor output curve has a very sharp transition right around
stoicheometric. i.e it jumps from ~.1 volt to ~.6 volt output in the
range of 15.2:1 to 14.2:1. Particularly on the leaner side of stoich the
voltage drops very quickly over a very small A/F range.
The cheaper meters assume every .1 volt corresponds to .5 change in A/F
ratio. e.g. 14.7=.5v, 15.2=.4V, 15.7=.3V. Actually, 15.2 is closer to
.1V, so if you're cruising at 15.5 A/F, which is not out of line for a
non-cat engine, then the cheaper meter will show no voltage. Dead lean
when in fact it's not.
On the rich side of stoich the voltage transition is less abrupt, but
it's still not useful over a very wide range and it is sensor/exhaust
temperture dependent. A relatively cold sensor (just warm enough to have
an output) will show .9V at just richer than stoich. If the sensor is
really hot the same A/F ratio will only put out .7V. So, if you're
driving the piss out of your car (with a one wire non-heated sensor) it
will appear to be running leaner at WOT than if you're just getting on
it occasionally.
Dan