E-brake handle

> Second prroblem was after I figured one e-brake being on was better then
> none so I adjusted both as best I could so that the one good one would
> engage.  When I pulled the handle, the damn littel tab that holds the
> bracket for the cables bent all the way down letting the bracket fall right
> to the floor along with my jaw in horror.  So, is there a way to replace
> just the handle without having to rip the whole assembly out?  If not,
> please tell me that whatever hold the damn thing is can be reached from the
> interior of the car and that I don't have to drop the exhaust to get at
> anything.

yeah, its easy.  You can just get another handle at the junkyard.  Look at
the pivot, its a hollow tube with clips, get one clip off, slide the tube
out...viola, handle is off.

just be frickin glad it was the handle that broke...I had the tab the
holds the "toothed" part in place snap off...thats part of the bracket
that is spot welded to the floor...man that was a pain.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport (400cc, 4 cyl, OHC 8v, 10k RPM redline *grin*)
80 Scirocco ----SOLD!!----
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)

-Kelli Fox