E-brake handle

A few weeks back when I replaced my rear control arm and suspension I also
replaced my e-brake cables.  I ran into two problems.  When I got everything
hooked up, I found that one of the e-brake cables was too long so who knows
of a place where I can get the "short" e-brake cable for a 88 16v?

Second prroblem was after I figured one e-brake being on was better then
none so I adjusted both as best I could so that the one good one would
engage.  When I pulled the handle, the damn littel tab that holds the
bracket for the cables bent all the way down letting the bracket fall right
to the floor along with my jaw in horror.  So, is there a way to replace
just the handle without having to rip the whole assembly out?  If not,
please tell me that whatever hold the damn thing is can be reached from the
interior of the car and that I don't have to drop the exhaust to get at
anything.

William