Common Sunroof Woes?

--=======16BFF9E=======

At 05:43 AM 10/16/02 -0700, you wrote:

>where can one get the pieces to rebuild a sunroof? my seal is completely
>shot so that water pours in my lap when i brake.  also, the thing doesnt
>want to move when i crank (i have to help it along with my other hand).
>and... there are scratches all over the top like it drags against metal on
>its way in and out. if this sounds familiar/easy fix to anyone, let me
>know. if not i need to rebuild the whole thing.
>
>tia
>
>-tony

Junkyard would be a good place, don't know if new ones are
available.  Seals are available, but still the drains should take away a
lot of that water, unless they're plugged.
Have you checked?  The scratches are from it being adjusted too high.  It
needs to come down a bit(mine was doing this too).  The Bentley manual has
the procedure-do you have one?

John