WTF is going on with my JH?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan H" <rhock99@epix.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: WTF is going on with my JH?

> My alternator is making the same scraping noise like you are describing.
I think it's just the bearings on the inside going bad after so many miles,
but I'm too poor to buy a new one until it finally dies.
> While your car is running, push and pull on the alt. a bit, and see if the
noise changes any.

Better yet, without the car running see if there is any play in the
alternator shaft, Replaceing the bearing isn't so bad, provided you can have
someone press the front bearing on for you...

however could also be tensioner. maybye try squirting some oil in the
bearing.... my JH used to leak alot on that side so the bearing was always
well lubed... :)

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
84 rocco 16v