Smelly oil, causes?

1. get "gunk out", drop oil get 2 new filters, fill "gunk out" run 10 mins, flush oil and remove filter, reinstall new filter and 4quarts of oil

2. start engine... for 5 mins, let oil drop to pan, check level

3.Gunk out gets a lot of that "residue" out of the engine, and will probably help alittle on your temperastur of oil issue as well.

4. I bought a bilstein Oil pump, the model 36mm model (High displacement) for the 8v ...works like a charm. So I cannot tell you about the cheaper one.,

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v Euro GTX 3A/JH Project
1985 8v Euro GT Project (Daily Drive)
http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/