ABA 16v?

Yes the pl head fits the ABA block, however you have to swap the following
16v items into/onto the ABA block to make it all work.

16v lower timing pulley
2.0 16v intermediate shaft
2.0 16v oil pump
2.0 16v oil pump drive gear
2.0 16v distributor hole block off plate

You also have to clearance the pistons so they don't smack the valves (some
people don't do this.......), I prefer the small margin of timing safety
that clearancing allows.  There is an alignment pin on the ABA block that
must be relocated to fit the 16v alignment hole as well.

This leaves you with a 8:1 compression 16v motor.  A total dog off boost and
lags like hell when building boost on a street motor.

An alternative is to rebush the ABA rods for 16v wrist pins and use 2.0 16v
pistons.  This yeilds 9.2:1 compression.  Which, if your runing EFI and
programmable engine management is a much better solution.

BcH