Engine rebuid

2.0L pistons will not work with your 86.4 mm stroke. The piston pin is
higher in the piston, the piston will be down the bore at TDC, so it'll
give you a really low CR.
Dan

I was going to bore my cylinders out to 83MM and get 2MM oversized
piston. Problem is I want the 10:1 compression piston and German
Autoparts doesn=92t carry them or at least  haven=92t replied to me about
them yet.
They do have 1MM oversized pistons with 8:1 compression. Can I just use
2.0L piston that are 84MM in my 8V to get 10:1 Or does that not work. I
know techtonics has 2MM oversized piston for my 1.8 8V but they are
$450! Yikes=85..Also I may upgrade to the ABA block but I cant find them
anywhere here in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada anyone close to hear have a line on 2.0 8v ABA short blocks?

=20

Thanks

=20

1985 VW Scirocco 260000+ KM's GREY