Fw:Superb '81 Scirocco For Sale

I received this e-mail and thought I would pass it along.  I know that there is always someone looking for a Mk I.  I don't recall if I have seen this car in person before, but contact Alan directly if you have any questions.

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: Alan Spencer <jinger@pacbell.net>
To: glxtasy@juno.com
Subject: Superb '81 Scirocco For Sale
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:25:19 -0700

Hi,
Am writing to see if you may know of somebody who could give my '81
stickshift Scirocco a good home.  I've owned the car since 1982, and
I've kept it in 100% stock specification, except for the addition of a
Webasto sliding sunroof.  The odometer shows 113K miles, but it has
about 220K miles (mostly freeway miles) on it.  The engine is strong,
burns almost no oil, and the car still has the original clutch.
This Scirocco has been completely pampered, and looks almost like new.
It was featured in the 1995 Concorso Italiano in Carmel, where it was
photographed with its designer, Giugiaro.  The car is metallic red
(Indiana Red), with a tan vinyl interior, basically like new.  It's a
California car, so there's no rust.  The only reason I'm reluctantly
selling is because I'm out of space.  This is a unique opportunity,
because you just don't see first series Scirocco's like this any more.
The price is $3K.

Alan Spencer
San Anselmo (San Francisco Bay Area)
California

Ken Weidmann Jr.  Checkered Flag Automotive
916-424-2197
1995 Jetta GLX M3 Wannabe
1985 Show-rocco
1957 Porsche 356 A (1st family/2nd owner)#100119

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.