Will Oil Spill out when I pull the Head?

I'm going to yank the RD Hydro head today or tomorrow, I was going of
drain off the water /coolant mix (currently about 90/10 now anyway) but
do I need to drain the oil? It's only been in there for about two m
miles, I was hoping to use it during the dialing in and purging process.

My plan is to scope out another GTI Hydro head and get it's surface
flattened.

I'm not too interested in taking off material to increase compression
but any other advise shy of a valve job would be great.

tia,
TBerk