The Official .Org

ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> judging is always..at the very least a personal thing...
> I prefer 8v's stock looking over 1.8T in a scirocco.
> the bling bling never attracts my eye..

I agree.  I'm surprised there are so many Scirocco classes at east
coast shows, out here were lucky to have separate Mk1 & Mk2 classes,
and I've NEVER seen more than those two.. never anything like "stock",
"modified", "super modified" - there simply aren't enough cars for
each class to support this.

I just enjoy cleaning up my car, parking it with the gang, talking to
strangers about it.. if anyone admires it, my day is made.  If somebody
wants to hand me some sort of trophy at the end, that's cool too, but
if not, I don't regret it for one second.  My car is configured the
way *I* want it to be, which may or may not be what impresses any
particular judge on any particular day, and that's just fine by me.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA