Physics trivia, for Allyn etc.

Well, I'm busy looking up some acceleration problems to keep my physics c=
lass
entertained, and I stumble upon this: =

=46rom "Fundamentals of Physics : An Introductory Course",the version we =
just
retired, copyrighted 1987 (a very good year I might add, but I digress...=
)

Anyway, in the margin, after some tidbit about Don Garlits' dragster's st=
ats,
there was this:

"The highest road tested acceleration reported for a road car is from 0 k=
m/hr
to 96 km/hr (0-60) in 4.1s, an average acceleration of 6.5m/s^2. (Now the=

drumroll please) This was achieved in 1983 by a double engined Volkswagen=

Scirocco prototype."

I just thought that was cool (even if it is no doubt outdated) Seems I ca=
n't
escape these cars even at work. As if I'd want to anyway.  =

Cathy