Another honda race story, Victor is victorious. Yawn.

So I'm sitting at a red light, ready to turn left, and a guy in a red
Civic Si pulls up next to me to turn right, and gives me "the look."

Then I conveniently realized that I was going wrong if I went left, so
I backed up and got behind the Civic to go right.

And the light changes, and off he goes hard farting and all like the
Vtec hondas with silly exhaust tips do, so I think, what the heck, and
I lay into it.

This is a 2-lane road.  He gets behind traffic, so we're ready to rock
and roll as soon as the car ahead of him turns off.  Which it does.
So, naturally, he gets the jump on me, but I let ol' Victor and his
150,000 miles breathe a bit, and before you know it, I'm rather quickly
on his ass, breathing an evil puff of vtec smoke every time he shifts.
I get a little melodramatic waving my hand in front of my face and
pretending to cough, just for fun.  Victor stays right with him and
would've had a nice Honda hood ornament until I back off just a tad.

Later, he pulls off and gives me a wave, which was cool for a honda
guy.

I just smiled.   Made me feel 18 again.

This was on Ohio 37 just NW of Columbus.

Can't wait for that 2.0L!!

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'