wtb: speedo cable

Ron Pieper wrote:

> --- Tony Morehead <wolfsburg16v2k2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > i was wondering if they make a speedo cable without the relay box for
> > the 160mph speedo? and if so where can i get one?
>
> I don't think the 160mph speedo figures into it...I do know a 1-piece
> cable is available, I put one on my Pickup years ago.  Don't recall the
> spec of the car it came off of...maybe a diesel?
>
> =====
> Cheapass Ron
> '87 Scirocco 16'Victor'

The 160 mph part is a good thing to know (because of the fitting on the
end) but the most important part will be what transaxle code you have.
The speedo cables need to have the right gear on the end to get the
right ratio to the speedo.

Easy way to know is the 1st two letters/numbers on the bottom of the
bell housing of the trans and/or the color of the gear on the speedo
cable.

TBerk
Didn't we just go over this a day or two ago?