(OT) Is this true ; or make any sense??

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C26E9C.0F600620

Be careful leaving the battery on the lights after the lights have =
stopped burning.
Like Al said, this is an old RC trick, used to revive old racing packs.
If you leave them on the lights, you risk reversing the voltage of the =
cell, or one of the cells that make up the pack.
The memory are really cystals inside the cell that is keeping it from =
fully draining or charging.
Cystals are built up a number of ways, like not fully discharging, not =
fully charging, etc.
NiCad batteries are bad for it, and the MH batteries were supposed to be =
less sensitive, but they'll still do it too.
Once cell voltage reversal has occured, you can't change it, and that =
cell is shot.=20
We used to run 12V auto bulbs in series to produce a very high amp draw. =
Once the lights went out, you HAD to pull the pack. After a bit, items =
like a Battery Bug or a pack staablizer were introduced, and this =
replaced the light bulbs set-up, and with built in circuitry, it would =
cease the draning once the pack discharged, to prevent the cell =
reversal.
Then you would either slow charge it fully, or use a higher end peak =
charger, which monitors the cell voltage and shuts off charging when =
peak voltage begins to drop.
Do a search on Nickel Cadmiuim batteries or RC battery care, and you'll =
find some more info on the subject.
Depending on the care, NiCads have about 1000 charges in them before =
they crap out.
I ran electrics for 10 years, before finally switching over to =
nitro-methane. Since I got into the VWs though, the poor RCs have just =
sat and collected dust.

Broke
  ----- Original Message -----=20