  From: Kenneth & Georgianna Robinson
  To: Scirocco List
  Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 9:09 PM
  Subject: (OT) Is this true ; or make any sense??

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kenneth & Georgianna Robinson

  Someone told me awhile ago,that if your camcorder battery won't take a charge anymore(develops a memory--???); that you need to put some kind of light with wires across the contact/charging terminals of the batt.If the light is connected right,the light will light up,and when it goes out completely you are supposed to be able to charge it up again.Has anyone heard of this before??? My batt. is undergoing this right now.I'll find out tomorrow if this works.Ken R.

--Boundary_(ID_AkJvN3rk/JuM0xrVzyz1vg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; memory makes the battery produce
a sort of internal resistance. put it in the camcorder and it seems dead (just
like a faulty ground cable on our roccos). put it in the charger, and it think
its done in minutes (again, due to this resistance, dropping voltage, ending up
with the outward appearance of a fully charged battery (as far the the charger
can tell, from the outside)).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; you need to fully discharge the
battery (light bulb) for abt 6 hours (even if the bulb is hardly lit), then
fully charge it (slowly, not the quick charger, if its an 8 hr slow charger,
leave it for 24 hrs so the cells equalize), then do the light bulb thing again
(abt 3 hrs past where it gets dim), and charge it one last time (slow, again, 24
hrs). this will attempt to get rid of the memory in nicd batteries.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if the batteries are very old,
it may just be their time to go, especially if they are nicd.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; the old light bulb trick comes
from the r/c car days, people would fully discharge their packs with the same
light bulb type things after each run.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>HTH</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=krobins2@twcny.rr.com href="mailto:krobins2@twcny.rr.com";>Kenneth
  &amp; Georgianna Robinson</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=scirocco-L@scirocco.org
  href="mailto:scirocco-L@scirocco.org";>Scirocco List</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, October 07, 2002 9:09
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> (OT) Is this true ; or make any
  sense??</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
  <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
  title=krobins2@twcny.rr.com href="mailto:krobins2@twcny.rr.com";>Kenneth &amp;
  Georgianna Robinson</A> </DIV>
  <DIV><B></B>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><B>Subject:</B> (OT) Is this true ; or make any sense??</DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Someone told me awhile ago,that if your camcorder
  battery won't take a charge anymore(develops a memory--???); that you need to
  put some kind of light with wires across the contact/charging terminals of the
  batt.If the light is connected right,the light will light up,and when it goes
  out completely you are supposed to be able to charge it up again.Has anyone
  heard of this before??? My batt. is undergoing this right now.I'll find out
  tomorrow if this works.Ken R.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_AkJvN3rk/JuM0xrVzyz1vg)--