head bolt re-torque

So the engineers at Volkswagen have decided upon a
torque sequence. 45 lb/lbs in increments, then half a
turn, no retorque. Fel-Pro, the gasket manufacturer
says no retorque.

Yet, when some mechanic out of nowhere gives you his
opinion about retorquing the whole thing, you are
wondering who to listen to? geeez...

The choice is clear to me...

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

 --- Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> a écrit : >
> Hey all, I put on a Fel-Pro head gasket today.  It
> says "no-retorque", but my mechanic suggested I
> retorque the head bolts after heat cycling the
> engine.  Do any of you guys do this?  Also, I
> torqued them to like 60 Nm I think, and then 1/2
> turn, so I have no idea what to re-torque them to-
> can anybody help me with that?  Thanks in advance,
>
> Rob

Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
magasinage.yahoo.ca