From: "T Berk" <tberk@mindspring.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: pass side engine mount change & injector seals

---Original Message -----
> From: <brianm@earendel.org>

<snip>

Scirocco-Al wrote:

> Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure the 16V mount was a little larger in
> diameter.
>
> Alan
> -----

Early, early Rabbits and Mk1 Sciroccos came with a smaller diamet motor
mount. Later units (like my 81) and all Mk2s, iiinc 16v use the same
mounts.

It would be great to retrofit a larger but not too hard mount. Perhaps
the best choise in this inbetween ange of coomort vs performance vs
longevity = eurathane filled stock mount.

This is were folkd pour liquid eurothane (or soome other stuff) into the
mount and let it set up. Makes it stiffer yet still pliable. There are
also premade iinserts to be had, but neither kind have I tried yet. But
will next motor pull.

TBerk