who has too much $$$ and wants to spend it in a "good" way?

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:22:50 -0400, you wrote:

>ok, very tentative plans.
>What? Trip to the Fatherland
>When? May 2003
>Cost? allot!
>
>Im looking into organizing a small group of Scirocco owners to do a road
>trip to Germany, with a few sights such as possibly the Wolfsburg area, =
at
>least one track that we can drive on, a stop in to visit Dirk, and then =
onto
>Roadstar!
>
>This trip involves shipping your Scirocco to England, where we will fly =
in
>and pick them up. We have to do some paper work, and buy some stupidly
>expensive insurance..blah..blah..blah..
>
>Rough cost is around 4500-5000 for 2-3 weeks. Shipping included.

In a container I hope.  Something I learned years ago, and a number of
people on r.t.europe posted have about:  If you ship a car NOT in a
container, it will be parted out to some degree when you pick it up.
Theft on the docks is very common.  Hate to see anybody lose a bunch
of goodies.  My 71 Super Beetle arrived back in New Jersey (from
Bremerhaven) without a tool kit or spare tire.

Sounds like a great trip.  I would surely contact Karmann in Osnabruek
about a factory tour.  They were very nice to my wife and I several
years ago as we got to tag along with a bunch of retired BritRail
engineers doing a tour.  The Germans spoke great English but the Brits
were impossible to understand.  They also have a private museum not
normally open to the public that I did not see.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm