Engine bay earth straps

--0-438477716-1033808803=:50842

Thankyou very much - just what i was looking for
Andy

 T Berk wrote:Andy Holmes wrote:

> I realise this is incredibly lazy but im going to ask anyway
>
> My starter is turning real slow and the battery is good so its either
> a dieing starter or poor earth. Its started happening in about the
> last 3 weeks.
>
> So the question is
>
> Where should the earth straps be in the engine bay on a 8v?

There is a double ended unit from the negative battery post; the middle
attaches to the frame just under the battery, the end goes to the
transaxle/motor mount.

There should also be a ground strap from the block to the Alt CASE, this
is not stock till later in the product run but is a good retrofit for
everyone. 16v folks have trouble if the copper braided strap that runs
from the back of the motor to the fire wall fails, adding one to other
cars can't 'hoit' anything.

Lastly don't forget the other side of the equation: the Hot 12v battery
post to starter cable.

Trudge on down to your FLAPS or make your own via welding ground straps.
Large gauge is good, think 4 or 2 gauge in size. (I came across a 3' to
4' 00 size cable I run from my Battery directly to the 90A alternator.
But that's me).

hth,
TBerk

--0-438477716-1033808803=:50842

<P>Thankyou very much - just what i was looking for
<P>Andy
<P>&nbsp;