Howling Power Steering

--part1_57.129dbca8.2accff30_boundary

In a message dated 10/2/2002 5:23:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ranahan@charter.net writes:

<<My power steering howls pretty bad when I have the
steering wheel cranked up against the locks.>>

Stop doing that!!!!!   Its a normal sound, your not supposed to hold the
wheel against the lock it is bad for the system.  When you turn to the lock
the pump is still pumping but the fluid has no place to go, and thats the
sound you hear.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_57.129dbca8.2accff30_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 10/2/2002 5:23:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, ranahan@charter.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt;My power steering howls pretty bad when I have the <BR>
steering wheel cranked up against the locks.&gt;&gt;<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Stop doing that!!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; Its a normal sound, your not supposed to hold the wheel against the lock it is bad for the system.&nbsp; When you turn to the lock the pump is still pumping but the fluid has no place to go, and thats the sound you hear.<BR>
<BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>

--part1_57.129dbca8.2accff30_boundary--