Q for those that have reassembled the outer CV joint-

--0-1943481033-1033605368=:76363

Alright, I'm trying to figure this out- on the outer CV joint(the one that goes into the hub), there is the outer ring thing, the cage, and then the ball hub.  One side of the ball hub(the innermost piece, with the splines in it) is flat, and the other has 6 points that stick outward, like dull spikes.  Are the "spikes" supposed to be pointed inward(so you can't see them when apart), or outward.  After fooling with this thing for an hour I got it together, with the spikes facing outward so I can see them.  The shaft does seem to have good play, and is not stuck as though put together wrong-

please help-

Rob