No .Org?

><smartass>
>
>Good thing the mailing list isn't hosted on Brett's server...  yet he
>badmouths Chris M for the few (very short) interruptions the list has had
>recently and talks about how he hates relying on other people's
>hardware/connections.  Servers go down, that's what they do...   it's all
>about how soon they are brought back online.
>
></smartass>
>
>John
>

> > Brett is experiencing some problems -- it could be a bad network card in
>the
> > server, a new one is on the way.  He's aware of it and is trying to fix
>it.

No, the site is (or was) not down at all today.  It does get slow due to the
large amount of retransmissions that are going on.   BTW, the list has been
'down' for some people for longer then the .org site has ever been down...I
won't get into particulars, but it was something that I could have
fixed in a few
seconds, but ended up taking like 9 or 10 days.

Remember, this isn't brain surgery, and it's all volunteer. :)

The point really is that when there are problems, the person that is
'responsible'
for the list / site can actually fix them rather then just wishing it
would get fixed
and being totally powerless to do anything about it.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net