Shifting linkages

Brian wrote:
> Wow, it's really amazing how one little bushing makes all the difference of whether you can get into > first or not.  The old plastic bushing didn't even look worn but it
> was.  Thats why I like the cable shifter in the Vr6, pretty much maintenance free.  But when the > linkage is all lined up and with new bushings, I like the way the
> linkage shifter feels better.

Which bushing was that you replaced?

I do like the feel of my upgraded linkage and with all the bushings in UHMW or Teflon, I've found that the linkage feels that
same now, 2 years after installing that parts as it did that first day:
	http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/Diesel/ForSale/ShiftLinkage.shtml#RelayShaftBushings

In fact I once had a tranny replaced due to problems shifting into first that probably was shift linkage.  The shop went for the
big $$$ on the tranny swap instead of the little $ for the linkage repair.