[Re: Insurance Estimate on My Rocco]

List your modifications/features for us, and maybe someone with a similar=
 car
can scan in an appraisal for a similar car. These guys are out for one th=
ing,
to give you NO money. Oh ,two things, the other is to take yours. So do w=
hat
you can to get SOME money. Consider it a  very one sided collective barga=
ining
process. I really have no respect for car insurance companies. Don't even=
 get
me started.
Cathy, reminding herself to update the appraisal on "the polluter".

said
> that it is not a "trailer queen" and that since it is not perfect on th=
> drivers side (some stone chips and some cracks around body kit) then he=

> assumes that not all of the cracking around the kit on the passenger si=
de
is
> from their customer.  He also mentioned that with the high mileage (203=
k)
> that it lowers the value of the car.  He pulled out his value book, and=

said
> that the car only books at around $1300 and the estimate he gave me for=

> repairs was around $800.  That, after I got an estimate from a shop for=

> $2300, not including the Hockenheims or alignment.  I told him if that =
was
> going to be their offer, I wasn't going to accept it.  Even with over 2=
0K
in
> reciepts, 3 magazine articles and a ton of trophies and plaques, he did=
n't
> really care.  Just kept saying that just cause you put  $1000 motor in =
the
> car, doesn't make it $1000 better, just cause you put $800 wheels on it=
=2E...

> > Man I hate insurance companies sometimes!!!!!!!!
> >
> > He suggested that I would have to go through my insurance, they would=

send