big valve head I.D.

Hydro heads were introduced in 85, that is correct.
BUT solid heads were still being produced up untill
1987 only in the Cabriolets and the Sciroccos (8V).

The Cabs and the Sciroccos were made in Germany. All
the others (Golfs, Jettas, etc) were made elsewhere.

Cheers
Marc
83 Scirocco (8V solid)
88 Scirocco Slegato (8V hydro)