recommendations for car alarm

I'm looking to acquire car alarms for both the Scirocco and the winter
beater Jetta.  Can anyone make recommendations for a reasonably priced
(<$250 CDN) car alarm?  If possible I'd like to get one that would allow
me to key the two alarms to the same remote, so I don't have to worry
about two different alarms.

I'm not really sure what the features in a decent alarm are.  I'm less
concerned about motion sensors etc. (don't want the local wildlife setting
them off) but do want door/hood sensors etc.  Also, if the alarm supports
a second battery connection that would save me wiring one up - but I'm not
sure if they do this.

Drew

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel