16v sighting in cincy (longish)

> I found the store to be empty with the exception of Mac,
> the owner, and a snowy haired gentleman,

That would be Mr. (John?) Seiler.  When I first met him, he was at
Macs driving his WIFE'S 1985 Scirocco and picking up a new muffler for
his 16V.  Very cool...

Her '85 with about 75k miles *was* the nicest Scirocco I have ever
seen.  Imagine a perfect leather interior and a perfect dash. Imagine
perfect original paint with the only flaws being 3 dime sized dents
(Dent Wizard fixable).  100% stock and simply beautiful.

Wish I had a better pic:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3414/sc3_16.jpg

I asked if they would ever sell the 85, and he just laughed at me and
said no.  He could have named his price that night and I would have
paid.  I gave him my name and asked him to contact me if they EVER
decided to sell.  I found out recently (and am still pissed!) that
they sold the 85 to some POS car salesman when they bought a new VW.
Last word was the salesman was in some band and headed towards Mexico.
I guarantee it's a piece of crap by now. May she rest in peace... :(

Greg :) 1985 Scirocco 2.0L 8V
http://www.DriversFound.com
http://www.GAKMotorsports.com