Adding Guages

--- Brian Haygood <haygood@myway.com> wrote:

> I think all I need is a "dual sender" for the oil pressure.  One
> "sender" handles the idiot light, and another sends pressure readings
> to the guage.  Is this true?  Will the Audis have these senders?  If
> so, exactly where? Does the sender replace the single sender on top
> of the oil cooler/warmer sandwich thing?

AFAIK, yes, yes, top of the oil filter flange I think, and yes.  Check
your Bentley to be sure of the wiring.  I know later Cabbies had them
as well, they were on the end of the head.  The G terminal is for the
gauge, the other is for the idiot light/pressure warning system.

> What other guages would be useful?

I'm hoping/planning/saving to get an exhaust gas temp gauge.  That way
tinkering with stuff can be gauged (pun not intended) against the
"before" gauge reading...but they're $150 or so, and I'm cheap.

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'