[More] Suspension Questions

#1 rule: STAY AWAY FROM HOR. They are junk. Period. I
don't know anyone who has/had them that likes them.
The biggest problem is that they sag after a year or
so, and ride like s**t.

You can put the stock springs back on the KYB
shocks/struts. That would be fine if you just want a
better ride and improved cornering ability. You'd be
surprised what a good set of shocks can do even with
stock springs.

If you want good performance springs that do not lower
the car very much, get the H&R "soft-sport" springs.
I've had them on my car for several years, and they're
great. They're comfortable on the highway, they
perform very well at autocrosses, and they only lower
the car a little (maybe 0.5-1.0"?). Excellent quality.
Get them from Mike & Kristin Potter at Parts4VWs.com.

Neuspeed and Eibach are good too...but they are
usually a little stiffer and lower than the H&R Soft
Sports.

Oh, and if you haven't already gotten the KYBs yet,
compare prices to a set of Bilstein Sports. They're
probably a little more spendy, but if you can afford
them, they're 100% worth it. Nothing wrong with KYB,
but Bilstein is definitely better. Koni is the best,
but it probably isn't worth the money over Bilstein
unless you are doing autocross competitions.

Neal