bit of confusion on exhausts

I have a stock 1.8l 16v, which hopefully at some point will change. I've been looking into an aluminized TT setup with no resonator and swapping the muffler for a fireball dual tip straight-thru design. I've heard though that you want some backpressure and if your exhaust is too free flowing, then you actually lose power. What exactly is the real deal on this? And would this setup be too free flowing? Suggestions, comments, ect.

Dan

Sign up for FREE email yourname@veedub.com
from http://www.veedub.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag