Ceramic Coatings

------=____1038197562039_uy6mj=4Tnr

There's a company called Swain Technologies that does all sorts of coatings, but they'll cost ya.  They have different coatings for the top of pistons, the bottom of pistons, rods, exhaust parts, intercoolers, etc.  Alot of full-race applications use them, as supposedly they make quite a difference (especially with the balanced and blueprinted engines racers build).

> From: "Chris Boggs" <speedyterp@hotmail.com>
> Date: 2002/11/24 Sun PM 02:38:48 EST
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Ceramic Coatings

I'll fix my car, even if I have to replace every part in it... and since the problem will be the last part I replace, I'll have a brand new car when I'm done!

------=____1038197562039_uy6mj=4Tnr

<P>Does any one know of companies that do ceramic coatings for pistons and exhaust parts?&nbsp; Or does any one have any experience with ceramic coated parts&nbsp;in thier engines?&nbsp; Is it a waste of money?&nbsp; Thanks for the help.</P>
<P>Chris </P>
<P>&nbsp;<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>