Engine bay heat observations... (was more power when cold... )

For what it's worth,

This morning I observed my hood after a short trip to town... all the snow
hadent melted yet, and I observed two distinct hot (melted) areas...

1. directly above exhaust manifold (Duh)
2. void area between engine and rad...

This leads me to believe that if we could direct the hot air comming off the
back of the radiator either down and under the engine or up and out through
the hood we could keep the intake runners cooler, obviously a heat shield/
hood duct driected to keep the heat from the exhaust manifold would help
too.

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
84 rocco 16v