[Re: Autocrossing.]

Benjamin Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:
Stock class makes me laugh a little, because yes, the car must remain
*mostly* stock (no upgraded suspension/sway bars, etc... definitely no
engine changes either) but in stock class you need good race tires to be
competitive.

I found a class that worked for me last season when I ran my mk2 16v...
Street Touring (STS) is a good class to go into if you want to run your
car with street tires.  This class is for those of us who have upgraded
suspension... like Konis with H&R's, upgraded sway bars, strut braces, et=
c.
No engine mods allowed AFAIK... =

This class is a *very* competitive class in the Cincy area, which definit=
ely
makes it fun... to me at least!  ;)

But this season, running my mk1 with a 16v swap, I had to go to Street Mo=
d.

Neal's advice is key... first season, have fun... "run what ya brung"...
then in prep for the next year, try to pick a class that you like.

Ben

If my one experience is of any help, it wouldn't really matter what class=
ran in, since I was gonna be last anyhow. The only "mod" I'll be consider=
ing
is learning to drive better. I figure I'll be competing against myself fo=
r a
good long time, so it doesn't matter at all what name/car is listed with =
mine,
or what I do to my car. But I'm dying to go again, it was a blast, and I =
did
improve every run. But my goal was learning, not winning.
Cathy, can't drive for $%#@